I’m a technologist. I create connections in conservation research, data science, culture, public outreach and policy development.
I’m an experienced web application dev and have done extensive devops provisioning, especially with geographic informations systems.
- Multimedia production, international fieldwork, technical capacity building for United Nations and Sloan Foundation
- Cloud computing and network design for research labs at Duke University
- Collaborations with NGOs, US Department of Defense, USGS
Data sharing initiatives
- MiCO.eco: Marine connectivity in the ocean
- OBIS-SEAMAP: A repository and data visualization of protected species
- PBGJAM: modeling of North American terrestrial species community movement under climate change
Software expertise: ArcGIS, Quantum GIS/QGIS, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Apple Logic
Operating Systems: RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu/Debian, Windows Server, MacOS
I’ve also worked as a writer, reporter and music critic.